Re: starter

To: mgs@autox.team.net, erictw@MCS.COM
Subject: Re: starter
From: jurrasm@genesis.torrco.com (Mark Jurras)
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 1996 10:33:58 -0400

> Well, since I already have several cars that I'll never finish, I'm
> going to do the right thing and go look at a cheap 71 B Saturday. The
> current owner says the previous owner installed a positive ground
> starter in it, so it is inoperable now.
>
> Question is, would this be likely to cook more than just the starter? I
> don't know how it was done, but I envision lots of sparks and smoke
> from various relays and ignition switches. Maybe even some evaporated
> wires. What do you think?  Eric=20

Unless the positive ground cars had a different shape starter in them
there should be no difference between a "positive" and "negative"
ground starter. Since the magnetic fields are electrically generated,
when you reverse the voltage the magnetic poles reverse and the motor
turns the same direction.

Anybody out there that converted from Positive to Negative ground ever
have to do anything to there starters???

Mark "I'm positive that that is ground" Jurras