Re: TD door fit

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TD door fit
From: "A. B. Bonds" <ab@vuse.vanderbilt.edu>
Date: 18 Sep 1996 10:26:54 -0500
In <3240119B.1C32@hbp.com>, Steve Tritle wrote:
> I have to
>push on the door while pulling back on the door handle. This is
>difficult when I am already inside the car. Is this just another tedious
>trial and error process with the TD or is there a way to adjst the doors
>now that I have them installed somewhat properly?

What do T-series cars have in common with the Titanic?

The usual reason the doors don't close is that they have warped.
There is a brace inside the door that runs diagonally across the
structure.  It is accessible by removing the inside trim panel.  This
usually needs to be shortened or bent or ???  to get the door into a
semblance of the correct shape to meet with the body.  Note that
getting the door and body aligned can be impossible if the body wood
has collapsed too much.
                                Sigh.   A. B. Bonds