RE: Vacuum advance questions

To: mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Vacuum advance questions
From: "REICHLE, CHRISTOPHER" <CREICHLE@nsc.msmail.miami.edu>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 1996 09:49:00 -0700 (PDT)
I have an 80 with the DGV conversion. You wan to get your vacuum from the
manifold not a port on the carb. As for using the current setup, I would
suggest tapping another hole on the other side of the manifold from the
brake servo close to the carb end of the manifold. My servo tap has a
special valve on it which closes when the vacuum drops and this might
prevent proper function of the advance unit. Get a vacuum tester and check
the vacuum. You should have high vacuum at idle and low at open trottle. If
the needle in the guage bounces, try to tap further back towards the carb.
The valves produce a presure wave when they close which is strongest on the
head side of the manifold. You want to try to avoid that. In my manifold
there are two tap areas on either side of the manifold pick the one closer
to the carb and you should be fine.
Chris Reichle