Re: B headlamps in France

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: B headlamps in France
From: sekim@juno.com (Mike P)
Date: Sat, 21 Sep 1996 18:11:44 EDT
>Robert L. Abernathy wrote,
>Subject: (1965) B headlamps in France

>He said the headlights on it now are labelled
>"Made in France" and they are as bright as halogens.
>Anybody know what a French MGB would have as standard equipment?
>Now it gets complicated.

If I remember correctly, somewhere on the net I've read that;
In France, they have special headlight beam spread patterns. They are not
only brighter, but the beams spread out in some unique pattern - the
design of which is to reduce road kills ?  Seems like they were killing
alot of hedge hogs or something, and the dead & alive critters were
causing accidents.
Perhaps this helps??     -
        European hedgehogs are known to wake up people sleeping with
                           an open window, when they are mating.