Oil cooler hose woes

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Oil cooler hose woes
From: "Christopher M. Delling" <cdelling@mail.ic.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 1996 21:55:44 -0400
Just got my 77B back together after paint.  Went out for a ride in my
"new car".  Came back to find oil EVERWHERE!.  Turns out that the hose
that goes from the oil cooler to the oil filter had become intimate with
the cooling fan for the alternator, and a small hole had worn through.
What a mess!

Now my question. New hose arrives tomorrow.  If I remove this hose with
oil in the engine, how much oil do I expect to lose?  Just what's in the
filter, plus residual in hose?  Just want to know what to expect.  I
can't see how any oil other oil in the engine would escape, as this is a
"high" point in the system.  Any input appreciated.

Regards,

Chris Delling