Re: heaters

To: rocco grillo <CAT1CAT@p3.net>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: heaters
From: Ross MacPherson <arm@unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 1996 10:51:56 -0700
At 11:30 PM 9/23/96 -0700, you wrote:
>please dont tell me that you dont need a heater in a td
>
>i drove east coast to san francisco in january of 1955 without a heater.
>everyplace that had a hole was plugged with socks underwear and whatever
>
>i contiplated building a fire.  had string  keeping the side curtains
>from bowing out ... that was when i was really stupid. i've smarten up
>and i dropped the really.
>
>how many btu are required to be comfortable when its 10 degrees f.
>j.c. whitney offers 2 that i think will fit
>7x7x7 inches at about 15000 btu
>8x8x8 inches at about 25000 btu
>for the small difference in price i'm leaning toward the larger one
>but
>not much room down there
>would appreciate some help on this one

I too have had my nether regions nearly frozen off driving my TC to winter
functions.  A heater would be nice if I was to do this more often but I
usually choose my winter events VERY carefully and bundle up like an Inuit
with the flu.

A friend of mine does have a heater installed in his TC and he and his Mrs.
are very cosy on these runs.  If you'd like I can pick his brain about
model, type, installation etc.

Cheers,
   ___        \______           Ross MacPherson
  / __ \ __ /       /------|)   arm@unix.infoserve.net
/  (___)---------/ (___)        Vancouver, BC, Canada
 1947 MG-TC 3528                1966 MGB-GT