Re: Transporting cars

To: 102221.1716@compuserve.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Transporting cars
From: Rrrroxxo@aol.com
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 1996 19:38:51 -0400
My recent transport is a bit of a story.
I left Brunswick Maine in February for Pensacola Fl (arrived same month,
different season).  I left Brunswick where it was very cold, luckily not very
much of the white stuff.  My 62 A-H 3000 was put in the back of the moving
van with the rest of my goods.  I saw it tied down and covered and  was
confident it would arrive safe and sound in sunny Florida.  When the mover
opened the  van in Pensacola, under and all around the car were large pieces
of flaked off paint.  Assumption is the change from very cold to warm did
some kind of flexing, contracting, whatever, that caused it to peal.
  Luckily the car was in need of a full restoration so it didn't really
matter.  Heavy sigh from Mover.
Could be an isolated incident.  Worth noting is that most of the paint peals
came from areas that had been repainted in the cars former life.

Sean Sexton
62 Austin Healey 3000 Tri Carb