Re: New to list, Fuel pump, Kicker Panels

To: mgs@autox.team.net, dkrolfson@xactware.com
Subject: Re: New to list, Fuel pump, Kicker Panels
From: jurrasm@genesis.torrco.com (Mark Jurras)
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 1996 12:13:32 -0400

> I own a 1964 MGB. It has been sitting in the barn (don;t
> have a garage) for oh, 7 years now because I do not know
> where to get the materiale\s to rebuild the leaking fuel
> pump so it is unsafe to drive (according to the state :-}  )

You will probably be rebuilding your Clutch and brake hydraulics after
7 years. Also check the brake pipes for rust, especially at clamps.
This car has a single circuit system. One leak and you've got no
brakes.

> Does anyone know of a kit to fix the leaking fuel pump
> and is the best way to fix the rust just to start cutting it
> out and welding in new peices?

You can start with catalogs from Moss, Victoria British, The Roadster
Factory and others I can't think of right now. Undoubtably someone will
point you to the monster list of vendors. I personally have delt with
Moss and The Roadster Factory. The others are just cut and pasted from
old e-mails.

Good Luck these cars are easy to work on and the knowledge on this list
is fantastic.

- -Mark

Moss Motors, Ltd. 1-800-667-7872
Roadster Factory 1-800-283-3723
British Victoria 1-800-255-0088
Special Interest Car Parts 1-800-851-5600
Motorhead 703-573-3140
Brit-Tek 1-800-255-5883
For all your No Longer Available items call Jim Knight at British
Racing Green in Delaware 1-302-368-1117

M & G Vintage Auto, Inc.
1-800-631-8990

Victoria British, Ltd.