REAR MAIN SEAL

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: REAR MAIN SEAL
From: CWCOOPER@inet.dsccc.com (CWCOOPER)
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 1996 13:22:32 -0500
If anyone is interested,
After some searching I found a double lip rear main seal, that is a perfect
match for the sorry single lip one that is supplied for the 5 main B motor by
all of the parts order houses.  The advantage to this installation was
especially noticeable on a friend's B, whose crank had a nice ridge worn in the
end from the seal, the ridge was deeper than could be polished out while
maintaining proper size.  This double lip seal is offset differently than the
single one so that neither of the lips actually rides on the original ridged
surface. OK 'nuff said the part number is:

FEDERAL MOGUL #415442  APPROX.  $12.00 US

Hope someone can use this.

Please make any replies directly to the above address. My account that is
subscribed to the list is temporarily down.