Rag Top Derby

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Rag Top Derby
From: Jon Smithers <Fletch@mobile.gulf.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 1996 20:23:32 -0700
Help!!!
I purchased a 69 MGB Roadster a month ago and have been fighting with the top
ever since. I must thank the DPO, he did an incredible job installing the new
top, I've never seen anyone get one on as tight. Anyway, Mobile finished 3rd
last year in wettest cities in the US. It doesn't rain all the time, just an
hour or two every day (you could set your watch by it). So, has anyone
figured out a way to put the top up and down easily.
My 72 Midget top could be put down in three seconds flat. However, on the MGB
top, the top is connected to the frame just behind the drivers head. Anyone
have any insight?
I have two tonneau covers in decent shape. My experience with these has been
anything but pleasant. On both MG's, the tonneau covers have been just about
impossible to stretch to fit. Any ideas on how to make these work any better
or just care and maintenance of the tops would be appreciated.
Scott
SABCC
'69 MGB