70B rebuild/OD Transmition

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: 70B rebuild/OD Transmition
From: Lane Rollins <laner@teleport.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 1996 11:35:21 -0700
Well the engine is finally back in the car, not up and running but getting
closer. One of the upgrades is adding an OD tranmition, it came from a
rubber nosed car and I'm trying to figure out what to do with the extra
wire comming from it. The wire is Light Green with White (I think, the
caffine hasn't kicked in yet). I found it on a 72 wiring diagram but it
shows it going to some mystery (unlabled) devices in the diagram. Should I
just cap it off so it doesn't short to the body? Disconnect it on the
tranny?

The other thing that's driving me crazy is the transmition mounts. Is there
a trick to getting all four of the bolt holes to line up? I can get one
side but the other is a real pain in the ass.

TIA, Lane