MGB V8

To: dred@ix.netcom.com
Subject: MGB V8
From: drake@direct.ca (len drake)
Date: Tue, 01 Oct 1996 09:36:53 -0700
Hi David - it gets better.  My V8 conversion, using the 215 c.i.
Buick, turns over at just over 1700 rpm at 70 mph.  I used a
Borg Warner T50 five speed and a narrowed Ford 8" rear end with
273 gears. Total car weight has dropped about 50 lbs.  Everything
tucked in very neatly (with a lot of work), and the car looks
totally stock with the exception of the 3" exhaust.  If you do
your multiplication, 3500 = 140 mph, 5000 = .......  In reality,
the car lightens up on the front end over 125 mph and I will
never know exactly where it would top out.  For overkill, I
have a nitrous oxide kit installed to shoot down any American
iron that doesn't know how fast MGB's really go.  After many
hours of work, handling is also exceptional, and the car is
very competitive at our slaloms (autocrosses?).

Cheers,

Scott Drake