Re: MGB History

To: DBGaither@aol.com
Subject: Re: MGB History
From: ckr <ragthyme@fls.infi.net>
Date: Wed, 02 Oct 1996 11:29:28 -0500
DBGaither@aol.com wrote:

> This got my attention so I picked the up telephone and called the local
> (California) DMV office.  I was told that they would send me a form for
> me to describe why I wanted the information and then for a fee of $20 per
> year, they would send me the information.  So, my 1966 MGB would cost
> approx $600 to get this info.  Perhaps the person on the phone did not
> understand my request.  I can update anyone interested when I finally
> receive the order forms (no I'm not really going to give them $600).

Don:

The Virginia fee is (was) $50 if you had them do it; I had the option of
going to the main DMV in Richmond and doing the research myself for
free. These things are not private records; they're public information
and (essentially) free to the public to inspect. They may not be nice
about you snooping around their turf, but they do have to let you do it.
They don't actually have to give it to you for free, however.

Corey
75 MGB 'Rags'