Re: '52 TD fuel consumption

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: '52 TD fuel consumption
From: ahrendt@atla3.agfa.com (Dave Ahrendt)
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 1996 08:22:09 -0400

I get around 22-24 MPG on my TC but I run it a little rich.
I don't really know what is available for fuel in Canada or what
your engine it like but premium fuel is probably overkill for
a TD.  These engines were designed for the garbage petrol available
in England after the war.  I would think that the 87 Octane
here would be sufficent.  You're not getting any lead benefit
using premium.  My TC is done up with hardened valve seats,
stelite valves, etc. so I just run regular gas with a little
Marvel Mystery Oil.

Regards, Dave Ahrendt
46 MG-TC
61 MGA