RE: Need Fender Bender Advice (No LBC content)

To: Michael.Lytton@sierra.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Need Fender Bender Advice (No LBC content)
From: TheSkinny@aol.com
Date: Sat, 5 Oct 1996 01:02:15 -0400
<     Sorry to bomb the list, but I need advice.
<
<     My Other Car (an 89 Honda CRX) got hit in a parking lot, right on the
<     rear bumper.  The damage appears to be slight and cosmetic, but my
<     wife claimed the impact felt like it lifted the car right up in the
<     air.  It drives fine though.
<
<     I have a feeling that a mechanic will say, "Your bumper is fine, but
<     to fix the cosmetic damage I'll have to replace the whole bumper at
<     $700 (or some other large sum of money)."  Should I stick it to the
<     lady who hit the car?  She did give me her insurance information.  Or
<     should I just go my merry way with a slightly dimpled bumper?
<
<     Thank goodness it wasn't the B!

  Dear    Dimpled 89 CRX

About 3 years ago my wife pulled our 93 Civic into the space in the garage
that I normally parked my midget in.  She got too close to my other car, and
hooked the front bumper of the civic on the back bumper of the falcon as she
tried to back out.  It pulled the bumper cover completely off of the civic!
 The bumper cover was over $500 and the paint was over $100, and labor
brought the bill to over $800.  If the appearance of the CRX is important,
get the estimates & get the money!

On another note, also of limited LCB content, we just traded our 95 Civic in
on a 97 Del Sol.  I may be all by my self on this comment, but I sure wish
the relationship between British Leyland and Honda hadn't gone sour.  A
rebadged Del Sol with wire wheels would have made a great replacement for the
Midget.  Don't throw things, I'm not getting rid of my 69, but the DS sure is
nice.

Dave Riker
69 Midget