Re: V8 MGB/converting to chrome bumper/V8 conversion

To: Rick Huber <102221.1716@CompuServe.COM>
Subject: Re: V8 MGB/converting to chrome bumper/V8 conversion
From: drded@ix.netcom.com (David Deutsch)
Date: Sat, 5 Oct 1996 10:16:19 -0700
It appears that the rubber bumper cars are the easier V8 conversion
canidates has something to do with the motor mount location, I also
like the thought of power assist brakes. In my case(79 B) I'm on a
mission of mercy, saving a car with absolutely no redeming qualities
what so ever. The floors, rocks, sills jack points and dog legs are
done. The front fenders are being replaced with early chrome fenders,
that takes care of half the hassle of chrome bumper conversion. I cut
the metal protrusion for under the tail light lens of a 74 chrome
bumper parts car for transplantation to the 79. Bumpers: I'll go with
after market replacements. I heard 3.0 Mustang rear is the way to go
but I'll cross that bridge when I get to it. I'm lowering the car and
am switching to tube shock suspension. I'll use a Buick 215 ci engine
and am thinking auto transmission. The engine should put out 200 hp and
with that, driving fast should feel more like flying low. The beauty is
in the decreased RPMs 2500 at 85 mph ( on a closed track of course with
emergency medical and fire aparatus standing by) is alot nicer ride
than 4500. You can tweak that 4 cylinder to get 125 hp but the rpms do
not change. I want the car to go faster, or at least know it can, not
the engine. Hope to have it ready this time nrxt year. I still have
several other project to work on and maintainance of my two drivers to
concider. Safety Fast, David Deutsch