Re: Alternators

To: Jack Baker <baker@island.islandnet.com>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Alternators
From: gramf@digisys.net (Paul/Ian Graham)
Date: Sun, 6 Oct 1996 19:42:03 -0700
At 11:36 AM 10/6/96, Jack Baker wrote:
>Does anyone have experience with installing a Delco alternator in a late B.
>A friend just fit one in his TR8 and he is pleased with the result.
>Jack Baker
>75 MGB
>85 300 ZX T
> from Oak Bay in
>Beautiful B.C. Canada
Had a '72 BGT fitted with Delco unit (early model with external voltage
regulator).  Homemade alternator bracket.  Overall worked well.  Downside.
The welds broke on the bracket though easily repaired.  At the time my
knowledge of auto electrics was nearly nil, i.e., only that Lucas sucked.
DO NOT ADJUST THE SETTINGS OF THE VOLTAGE REGULATOR unless you have a damn
good idea of what you are doing.  Yes, there was a major fire.  Spent most
of my junior year of college driving a clapped out Pinto.