Re: mga engine

To: gregg@cyrix.com (Greg Grohoski)
Subject: Re: mga engine
From: George Procyshyn <geopro@cyberdrive.net>
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 1996 23:36:09 GMT
Thanks for your reply Greg.
While your suggestion is ultimately the correct one, it does require the
investment of a large chunk of cash and labor in a project  that shouldn't
have been necessary in the first place. I don't think it unreasonable that
an automobile have the correct engine in it unless a disclosure to the
contrary had been made at purchase. I do think this goes beyond buyer
beware. It seems the installed engine is from a '58 Magnette Sedan. Not even
the correct year.

I mean, we base value on things like the condition of  the components, but
doesn't the correctness of those components effect the value as well?  If an
MGA had a Ford Pinto engine I'd expect to pay less, wouldn't I?  Should I
have to eat this expense? Should the DPO be asked to pay or take the car
back. What line do you think I should take on this?

Thanks George