Re: $5000 midget

To: pbailey <pbailey@qnet.com>
Subject: Re: $5000 midget
From: Robert Allen <boballen@sky.net>
Date: Tue, 08 Oct 1996 05:33:54 -0500
pbailey wrote:

> How s this for a laugh....I saw an ad in the LA Times yesterday
> for a 75 midget for 5 grand!!!!!Pat

I've been following this thread and I also would find that amusing. No
matter what the condition is, to get that price for a rubber-bumper
Midget is asking a lot. Mainly you have to find some one who wants one
of the dumb things.

I'm not trying to sound elitist but it seems the order of "wants" would
be a 'B' roadster chrome bumper then rubber followed by a GT followed by
a Midget roadster chrome bumper then rubber. And that ignores the 'A's
and assuming a buyer is snobby about the Marque -- won't go buy a TR6.

Around here in Kansas City, you can look at an awful lot of 'B'
roadsters for $5,000. At our recent All Brisith event, there were
probably a dozen Midgets. If you were waving $5,000 around, you probably
could of had your pick.

Hell, for $5,000 you can buy my car and less than 2,500 ever hit these
shores and that was 27 years ago.

Those are the absolute facts IMHO #8^>

Bob Allen, Kansas City, 69MGC/GT
(and, reluctantly, an ex-74 Midget owener, ex-67 B/GT, ex-72 B, etc.)