Re: SU question

To: gcram@wdni.com
Subject: Re: SU question
From: Jeremy DuBois <jer@thlogic.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 1996 15:12:58 -0400 (EDT)

> Somewhere I recall hearing  that the SU company was called Sugden, and
> that they used to manufacture plumbing components before embarking on
> carburation, also that they were the lowest bidder in their first
> non-plumbing contract.  I'm sure this story is one of the following:
>
> A) Completely Untrue
> B) Not the Whole Story
> C) Partly True
>
> Can anyone out there Cast the Light of Truth on this apocrypha and/or
> tell more about the history of this mythical company?

  Well, the story as I've heard it is that SU stands for Skinner's Union,
and they were a leather company who originally were contracted to make
leather diaphrams for carbs and later started making the whole carb instead
of just the diaphram.

----
Jeremy DuBois                              jer@thlogic.com
Manager, Info Systems                      http://www.thlogic.com/~jer/
Thermalogic Corporation                    '60 TR3A, '74 MGB, '76 Spit