Finally!

To: "mgs" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Finally!
From: "Denise Thorpe" <Denise_Thorpe@cpqm.mail.saic.com>
Date: 9 Oct 1996 14:39:20 -0700
Fellow car showers:

Last Sunday was British Car Day here in San Diego and I finally won the "Best
British Beater" award for my '63 MG 1100.  I'm so proud.  I worked hard for
that award.  The judges were especially impressed by the oil-soaked cobwebs
under the hood and the dual speedo cable system that allows me to to hook up a
cordless reversing drill and run the odometer over .1 miles every 72 hours.
The other winners got fancy shmancy glass trophies that they'll need to haul
around and dust for the rest of their lives.  I got the best prize of all--a
bucket of cleaning supplies including three cans of carb cleaner, wax, engine
degreaser, and some rags, plus a fire extinguisher, tube of bondo, and a quart
of 20/50 Castrol.  I was, however, disappointed that I didn't get to park my
car with the other winners for the official group photo.  I guess they didn't
want to be outclassed.

For my next attempt to annoy the car show crowd, I'll be putting a Cooper S
engine and tranny into an 1100.  Yes, boys and girls, I already have a
powerplant of this description stored in my garage.  Now I need to figure out
how to fit the words, "count the head studs" into 7 letters so I can put it on
a license plate.  Any suggestions?

Denise Thorpe, troublemaker
denise_thorpe@cpqm.saic.com