MGA vehicle I.D. number

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: MGA vehicle I.D. number
From: "Steve R. Zale S." <schoenbo@rococo.colorado.edu>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 1996 11:30:59 -0700
I looked at an MGA that was missing the factory I.D. plate under the
hood in front of the heater unit.  There is no plate on the dashboard
like an MGB.  The title does have a serial number on it, but I couldn't
verify it and the owner doesn't know or admit knowing much about the
car.  Does anyone know if the serial number is reproduced anywhere else
on the car?  I found the chassis number but that doesn't get me anywhere
legally...
Thanks for all advice!
                                        Steve Roseboom
                                        Boulder, Colorado