78 MGB Speedometer angle drive

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: 78 MGB Speedometer angle drive
From: dbavery@voyager.net (D.Bavery)
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 1996 10:27:29 -0400 (EDT)
I haven't had a speedometer for a month and finally with other work was
tracing the cause.  What I found is my B has an angle drive attached at the
transmission and the speedometer cable attaches to it.  The angle drive has
a square shaft - or used to - just like a speedo cable that fits into the
trans.  This shaft has the corners rounded off so the trans doesn't turn it
anylonger.

My question, is there anyplace you can take this part to and have a new
shaft put on?  2nd, does anyone have a good used, complete, angle unit for sale?
Denny, Deb, Darcy, Denise and Breanna Bavery
Mason, Michigan