Re: 76B dash removal

To: James <dirmeyer@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: 76B dash removal
From: Jim Boyd <gumby@joshuanet.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 1996 20:23:31 -0700
James wrote:

> Anybody try this???  How the hell did they get those screws and bolts on in
> the first place???  Will putting a new one back on be as difficult as
> taking it off???

James...Obviously there is unconfessed sin in your life or the gods of
British would not inflict such...inhumane treatment upon you!  Yes, fall
on your knees, bow face to the ground, face North and say your "hails to
the Prince of Darkness" (oops, wrong god!)

Seriously (?) though, I haven't yet had the privilege of removing a '76
B dash...yet.  If it is at all similar to earlier Bs, you might as well
give in and just get it over with!  I fought with a dash for several
hours until I had several glasses of a nice chardonnay and just dug in.
Remarkably, it was all over with before I knew it.  And the project was
a success!  I'd suggest reviewing your Bentley Manual (you do have a
BENTLEY manual, I hope!)for all the bolt locations, you will be ahead of
the game.

Good luck, Jim Boyd, Paradise CA
lots of MGBGTs and assorted other unfinished projects!