Changing back to non-od & fun at the track

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Changing back to non-od & fun at the track
From: Lane Rollins <laner@teleport.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 1996 10:24:50 -0700
Good morning..

After loosing my crap shoot with the unknown over drive tranny. I spent
sunday afternoon swapping back to the stock transmition. When I finally got
everything back together I tried starting it and just got a loud click and
dimming ignition light on the dash. Checked all the connections, and still
nothing. The starter worked fine early in the day. Is there something
obvious I'm missing!?

Saturday was a blast. Spent the morning down at the Woodburn drag strip
doing an autocross type event. I had the crap scared out of me at the end,
I was putting my stuff back in the A before it got to wet. The last car, a
newer vet, was finishing his run and hit the section on the drag strip.
When he went across the starting section were all the built up rubber from
the dragsters was he lost traction and started spining and coming right at
me. Luckly he gained control just before he would have hit the divider. Got
6 runs in before the monsoons hit and shut it down. I had more compitition
this year, ended up in fourth, 2 B's and a 1600 A were ahead of me.

TIA, Lane