Re: Engine Rebuild

To: Todd Mullins <todd@nutria.nrlssc.navy.mil>
Subject: Re: Engine Rebuild
From: drded@ix.netcom.com (David Deutsch)
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 1996 15:11:59 -0700
The absolute best mechanic when it comes to MGBs is a fellow by the
name of Dave Clark in West Westminster, Vermont. I live in New York on
Long Island and if I were to have an engine redone I would transport
the car to Dave's shop 250 miles without thinking twice. Last time I
asked, he was getting between $2,500 and $3,000 for a complete rebuild
which includes balancing and removal and reinstalation with new borg
and beck clutch. I have no afiliation with him other than being in awe
of knowledge of the working of MG drivetrans. I use many different
mechanics for many different things but Mr. Clark is the only
person(other than myself). I would ever allow to remove a head on any
of my cars. He can be reached at 802-387-4540 and does business under
the name, Sports Car Services