Midget Radiators

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Midget Radiators
From: Stephen Peter Mirams <mirams@bf.rmit.edu.au>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 1996 14:23:02 +1000 (EST)
Just thought of another question.

Now that I have solved my radiator leak, I have noticed that my car is
fitted with the older style radiator that is supposed to be matched with
the 948 engine. I have a 1275 in my Midget (the engine number matches
better than the VIN!) and am wondering why the DPO would fit this in
place of the crossflow. Are there any benefits/disadvantages of having
the older radiator in the car. I assume that it may have been picked up
nice and cheap because otherwise, the car is fairly original. The car
doesn't overheat and I am quite content with the radiator as is, I'm just
curious.

Cheers,

Steve
69 Midget