Re: overriders

To: "J. Robert Kelchner" <jrk8@cornell.edu>
Subject: Re: overriders
From: "John M. Trindle" <jtrindle@tsquare.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 1996 18:19:18 -0400 (EDT)
On Wed, 23 Oct 1996, J. Robert  Kelchner wrote:

> Asked this question before but no replies.  For anyone having a "B" with
> chrome overriders, would like to know if the ones on front point straight
> ahead, or do they "toe out" due to the curvature of the bumper?  Ones I
> bought "toe out" since the depth of the cut-outs is equal and doesn't
> compensate for the bumper curve.  Looks odd to me but I was assured they are
> right.  Are they?  Thanks.

My info suggests there were a couple of years with left/right overriders,
so that they point straight ahead.  Later chrome and rubber-tipped chrome
were one part number, and so point slightly to the outside due to bumper
curvature.  All the aftermarket ones I have seen have been interchangeable
left and right.

John M. Trindle     | TSCC-Net Host      | jtrindle@tsquare.com
T-Square Company    | ISS/FSPlan for FS5 | support@flightdeck.tsquare.com
Flight Deck IFT-PRO | http://www.widomaker.com/~trindle
"Computers make very fast, very accurate mistakes."