The UK speed record

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: The UK speed record
From: Bill Harkins <bharkins@tfb.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 1996 22:22:18 -0700 (PDT)
Thanks to Paul Hunt and Bob Allen for the URL to the Richard Noble web page.
This is an incredibly detailed page as only the British can do (anyone get
and read Thoroughbred & Classic Cars?). Being proper British gentlemen, the
page has links to the Breedlove page as well as other US speed record
activities. In addition there is a good bit of technical detail of the car
where new ideas may be even applicable to the old MGs. (They need all the
help they can get.) While  I initially posted the Breedlove message as
"non-MG", there was some feedback on the famous MG speed runs done pre and
post war, which for displacement size produced some incredible results which
may even still stand. Thus I think this topic is appropriate, and I promise
I won't belabor it such as cats, MOWOGS and MG definitions!.

The daily news of Breedlove'a activities at Black Rock NV is posted -
today's run was rained out after initial testing up to 448 mph. Noble is
also scheduled to do testing before a go for the gold, apparently in the
Jafr desert in Jordan.

If you like cars, high tech stuff and the satisfaction of good international
competition, these pages have something for everyone.

To repeat:

Richard Noble (UK):
at http://thrustssc.digital.co.uk/thrustssc

Craig Breedlove (US)- three sites:
at www.shell.com/SpiritofAmerica/
http://powersports.com/team/auto/soa/soa.htm
www.spiritofamerica.com

If we can't beat 'em on the track we've already won on the Internet presence!

Bill Harkins
Fallbrook CA

33MG J2
48MG TC