Re: Replacement for 1275cc Midget engine?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Replacement for 1275cc Midget engine?
From: roethler@cadetmail.uscga.edu (Brust)
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 1996 14:47:46 -0400
Scott--

 I have heard of a few changes, but the two main variations are: Mazda
rotary, and the Toyota 1600 twin cam.  The mazda rotary is compact and can
attain much higher power ratings than other engines of comparable size.
But-- the mg technical page on team.net has all the directions,
instructions, color glossy photographs, part numbers--etc to convert for
the toyota engine and transmission.  This seems the most viable unless you
are the pioneer type, in which case I would try the mazda because I like to
go fast.  In an ad in Grassroots Motor Sports, a company in florida call
Wire Wheel Classic Sports cars advertised a 210 horse bugeye with mazda 13B
rotary in it.  WOW.  I was going to get you the exact address for that
conversion section on Team.net page, but apparently their server is not
accepting calls right now or something.

Good luck!!!!

"He who sheds his blood with me today, shall be my brother."
Wm. Shakespeare
CGA RUGBY