Camshafts

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Camshafts
From: MOMBARI@aol.com
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 1996 09:45:10 -0400
Hello everybody, I would like to know if anyone has a camshaft they recommend
for a 1500 B motor. My Austin saloon is in the rebuilding process and have
come to the point of cam choice. The car will be a daily driver and will
frequently be driven at the national speed limit to get to local car shows.
Currently though the gearing is 5.28:1 running 5.25-16" tires, hoping to
remedy this with a rearend swap to 4.88. The car weighs approximately
2200lbs. or 971kg. I have a Weber conversion on it and will run a 2"-2 1/2"
exhaust. I am looking for the best compromise in drivability. It was
suggested that I use a stock MGA  or a MGB, since my 1500 is from a Metro, a
"sedan" cam is fitted he said. I like to know what you all think. Is a MGA
cam "hotter" than a "Metro" I can get a much better price on a reground cam
than a Kent type. I appreciate any help provided. Thanx
all............roland.............52 Austin (camless)......73 MGB