Dwell & timing Question

To: mgs@autox.team.net, healeys@autox.team.net, british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Dwell & timing Question
From: Jay Quinn <jpquinn@cyberramp.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 1996 14:22:35 -0600
My '62 Sprite has a '72 Midget Engine, and I gone through the manuals and
found what the settings are supposed to be for the dwell and timing.
Obviously, Im a new owner and have never gone through this fire drill.

However,  Both the timing gun and dwell meter instructions and the manuals
don't have the hook up info I need.

What to hook up the black and red leads to what in order to check the dwell
and RPM.  And whether or not I'm supposed to unhook the vacuum advance hose
and plug it when checking the timing.

Can someone please let me in on the scoop?

Thanks in advance,

--
Jay Quinn                             '62 Austin-Healey MKII Sprite
jpquinn@cyberramp.net