Re: Electronic Ignition Decisions

To: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@isocan.com>
Subject: Re: Electronic Ignition Decisions
From: "Christopher M. Delling" <cdelling@ic.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 1996 08:24:46 -0500
Trevor Boicey wrote:

> Here's my situation.
>
>   This summer, I got fed up with the intermittent Electronic Ignition
> distributor in my 1975 Midget and just replaced it with an older
> points type distributor.
>
>   Now I am thinking of going back to electronic ignition with one
> of those Crane kits. The only problem is that I beleive those kits
> install in and around your original electronic ignition distributor,
> which I still have but it has at least some problems.
>
>   I'm wondering who has experience with these kits? Can I expect
> that it'll replace whatever is broken in my old distributor? I don't
> really want to fuss with it much, that is why I went back to good
> old points.
>
> --
> ---------------------------------------------Ottawa-Canada-GOSENSGO------
>    Trevor Boicey             1992 Celica GT (95% of the driving I do)
>    tboicey@isocan.com        1975 MG Midget (95% of the repairs I do)

Trevor-

I don't know a whole lot about Midgets, but I know that Crane offers a
kit for both mechanical and electronic distributors for the MGB.  I
found that the tech support guys at Crane to be quite helpful - moreso
than the parts guys at VB or Moss.  If you want to give them a call, the
tech support # is 904-258-9055.

Usual disclaimers inserted here.

Regards,

Chris Delling