Re: Advice on my paint problem

To: "CHARLIE A. JAMISON" <cjamison@lib.ursinus.edu>
Subject: Re: Advice on my paint problem
From: glen@musca.unm.edu
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 1996 11:54:23 -0700 (MST)
On Mon, 28 Oct 1996, CHARLIE A. JAMISON wrote:

> I now know what severe depression feels like.
>
> The other day a heavy-duty christmas tree stand slipped off a hook on
> the wall of my garage and landed on my '72 MGB.  It hit the front left
> panel that comes back from the headlight, leaving an ugly 2" by 1/4"
> scratch (down to the metal), then bounced onto the hood and made another
> scratch, somewhat smaller then the other.  I don't know how this happened, but
> I don't think it actually dented the metal, just scratched the paint.
>

> -Charlie A. Jamison
>   cjamison@lib.ursinus.edu

hey,
        if you think that is bad, i got a real horror story for you.
about 4 years ago, in a violent wind storm here in the land of
enchantment, i had something really tragic happen to my little mg midget.
i had it parked out front, and the wind cane along and pulled half the
roof off the house, along with the swamp cooler on top. guess what hit
the back end of my beloved car? the swamp cooler case. it put a healthy
dent in the trunck lid. i was fortunate in that the big motor didnt
strike it. just the sheet metal body of the swamp cooler. the wind down
in these parts can really suck (blow?) sometimes :)

glen
'66 mg midget