Re: 5 Main bearing year

To: DBHMGB@aol.com
Subject: Re: 5 Main bearing year
From: Jim Boyd <gumby@joshuanet.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 1996 18:47:38 -0800
DBHMGB@aol.com wrote:

> In 1964 the Austin 1800 block was introduced and in '65 the MGB engine was
> matched to it.  If you need references check page 64 of "MGB - The
> Illustrated History" by Wood & Burrell and page 116 of John Tipler's "MG - A
> Pictorial History".
>
> Dan
> 80 MGBHey Dan:

YOU ARE RIGHT!!  I looked up the question about the five vs three main
in my Lindsay Porter book for confirmation.  Apparently the five mains
were started in  October 1964 ("Guide to D.I.Y. Restoration of the MGB,
page 11).

The full synchro bo was started in 1968.  Do I get partial credit for
1/2 of the correct answer to the wrong question?  :>)

Later!
Jim