Re: wheels

To: fuzzy@castles.com (Larry Pitts), mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: wheels
From: joseph_cianciotti@ccmail_gw.gmosf.com
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 96 08:55:08 PST
About a month ago I was faced with the same decision.  After careful
consideration and the advice of many on the list, I went with painted Daytons.
I couldn't be more satisied.  My car's a daily driver. And keeping the wheels
looking good just requires washing them with the rest of the car.  No
polishing.
However, if you do go with chrome, stay away from the Dunlops, the spokes are
not stainless and over time will rust.  A good source, service and price-wise
is
British Wire Wheel in Santa Cruz, CA.  I'm not sure of the number, but they
advertise in lots of LBC magazines and club newsletters.

Joseph
'67 Roadster
... anyone have an opinion on new painted wheels or chrome
(of course hubs  too)?

 Larry
'73 MGB