Re: Apple Hydraulics and rebuilt shocks

To: BarneyMG@aol.com
Subject: Re: Apple Hydraulics and rebuilt shocks
From: glen@pegasus.unm.edu
Date: Sun, 3 Nov 1996 11:40:08 -0700 (MST)
On Sat, 2 Nov 1996 BarneyMG@aol.com wrote:

> You may remember my three pairs of rebuilt shocks.  Well, after about 5000
> miles another one was leaking.
>
> So one more has been replaced, I am now 1 for 6, and #7 still bears testing.
>  Apple Hydraulics is still standing in there and covering the returns and
> shipping both ways.
>
> Such is life,
> Barney Gaylord -- 1958 MGA

well, i got the same problem on my 66 midget. i opened it up the other
day and found that one of the freshly rebuilt shocks i installed this
summer has leaked all over. so. looks like i'll have to be returning at
least one here. the other seems ok for now. is this a common problem for
all reman. lever arm shocks, or is this something particular to this
company?

glen
'66 midget