Combustion corrections:

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Combustion corrections:
From: William Eastman <william.eastman@medtronic.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 1996 14:14:54 -0600
I believe that Simon is correct that a little low speed pinging is more
efficient than no knock.  He is also correct that you usually can't here
detonation under full throttle.  I appreciate his and all other comments /
corrections / clarifications.  Like I said, I am doing this all from memory
since I consider reading old college texts worse torture than watching
"Clueless" on TV.  If I am incomplet or just flat-ass wrong, please feel
free to speak up.  I have a wife and two daughters so I am used to being
told that I am wrong!

Best Regards
Bill Eastman
61 MGA
plus funky cars emeritus:
57 Alfa Guilietta Spyder Normale (fragile Italian mechanicals AND Lucas!)
70 MGB
68 Saab 96 (Ford V4)
65 VW Microbus
74 VW Thing
76 Triumph Spitfire
70 BSA 500 Victor Special (3 rebuilds in 100 miles of riding)
75 Harley Sportster
66 International Scout Sportop
73 Dodge Charger 440 Magnum
84 Corvette