Flexible brakeline lockplate

To: british-cars@autox.team.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Flexible brakeline lockplate
From: "William West" <Will_Thane@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 96 02:42:06 UT
Ok, this is going to sound stupid....but......I am just getting to
reinstalling the brakelines on my Midget project.  I have the stainless steel
flexible brake line ready to install, but I've got a problem.  Having not
taken the car apart, I am unsure as to how the thing goes back together, so,
using a sketch out of one of the parts catalogues (my manual doesn't give me
any decent instructions on this, alas), I noticed that there are lockplates
that are somehow incorporated into the brake line to flex.line connection.
I'll be damned if I can figure out how and where these lockplates work.

Can anyone give me a quick run down?

Thanks!

Will (who is often perplexed by the simplest operations...!)