Robertson drive [OFF TOPIC]

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net, mgs@autox.team.net, british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Robertson drive [OFF TOPIC]
From: Matt Liggett <mliggett@pobox.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Nov 1996 12:13:55 -0500
At Thu, 07 Nov 1996 03:54:28 -0500, Trevor Boicey writes:
>   Worth mentioning to this is the Robertson screwdriver.
>
>   It's sort of a Canadianism. As best I heard the legend, it's
> a patented system that apparently the rest of the world wasn't
> interested in paying the patent rights for. I've only been
> able to verify it's absence in the US, but it's bizarre.

These are available at atleast one hardware store in my town (Bloomington,
Indiana, USA).  They are also available from a mail-order company called
McFeely's.  Very useful, though they are primarily used in woodworking
applications.  They also have a small following in the US furniture and mobile
home trades.

--
                  Matt Liggett <mliggett@pobox.com>
                     http://pobox.com/~mliggett/