T type performance & handling

To: homestay@infolearn.com.au, mgs@autox.team.net,
Subject: T type performance & handling
From: "Blair Engle" <engle@mailer.martech.fsu.edu>
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 1996 10:59:25 -0500 (EST)
Enough already.

All this talk about poor handling of the TC at speed.  This past August saw
the Meadowbrrok Historic Races.  MG was the featured marque, and in the
T-type race first place went to Manley Ford in a TF, 2nd to George Shafer in
his TD and third to Bill Hollingsworth in his very fast TC.  There is a
picture MG Vintage Racers Newsletter showing the three cars bumper to bumper
on the last lap.  Who says a TC won't handle.

I raced a very quick 1953 TD from 1980 to 1990 and had some very tight dices
with several different TC's.  YES THEY DO HANDLE, if they are set up
properly.

On the subject of XPAG reliability, 11 years, 7000 rpm shifts, 115 mph on
the straights, and no engine failures.  Need I say more?

Press on regardless,
Blair Engle,
'50 TD
'53 TD