Practical Classics Terminology

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Practical Classics Terminology
From: 246084@ibmmail.com
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 1996 08:13:58 EST

I think it was Austin Rover who produced a car in the UK during the 80's
called the Princess (it was shaped somewhat like a Lotus Excel and
christened 'the wedge')

I never owned one so don't know what four-pot refers to - sorry.

 ----------

The November '96 issue of Practical Classics had several small
articles called Uprating Classics.  One of the articles dealt with
improving the brakes on the MGB, but I don't understand certain
terms that they used.  Could someone in Great Britain explain,
please?

In explaining ways to improve the MGB's brakes, they said,
"Cheapest way to stop better is to use MGB GT V8 discs and good old
'Wedge' Princess four-pot calipers."  What is a Wedge Princess and
what does "four-pot" mean?

 Extra X400 information begins:
            Originator
                    Name:  Mealors