Painting Quote, whadda ya think?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Painting Quote, whadda ya think?
From: BERNZO@aol.com
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 1996 11:30:58 -0500
Fellow MG'ophiles,

My 74 BGT is almost ready for paint (does the "prep" work ever get
finished?). I had my local body shop come over and give me an estimate to
paint the car including both sides of the bonnet, rear hatch, doors, door
sills and other miscellaneous areas associated with the bonnet and hatch
opening.

He says that he will use "Glasurit" urethane paint, guarantee it for 10 years
(?).

Now the good part... He says the cost is $1000.

Now, here is my question... Do I jump on this, quick, before he changes his
mind, or do I go shopping elsewhere. The guy does excellent work, he
repainted a fender on my Jeep after it lost a battle with my 10 year old and
his bike.

I would appreciate any 'net wisdom, what I know about paint wouldn't fill a
spray gun.

Thanks in Advance,

Dave Bernier
74 BGT