Just a nod as I drive by ...

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Just a nod as I drive by ...
From: ckr <ragthyme@fls.infi.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 1996 07:10:35 -0500
Hello, fellow listers ...

Just thought I'd drop a note to say I'm still here; reading a lot but
not posting much these days. Suppose I've just defined 'lurker'. ;)

Rags is still on the road, and we've been out making up for lost time
while she was in the shop for the suspension rebuild. It's been cold,
but top-down anyway! (Not that having the top up, in Rags, makes all
that much difference, what with the two great holes where the
quarter-lights used to be.)

Still chasing down that little vaccuum leak, when I've got time to work
in the shop (which isn't much these days, with battening the hatches for
winter occupying a lot of my attention when I'm not at work) and
experimenting with different timing and such.

Just to catch up on a few threads with my tuppence worth ...

I've really enjoyed the long posts on ignition theory. Nice work!

I will not, under any circumstances, read any post which includes in its
title the word 'cat'. I've fulfilled my quota on that subject until well
past Boxing Day.

With a nod to the Super-Heroes of MGdom, Deutsch and Gaylord, I must say
that I'm just happy when I can keep the car on the road, let alone try
to race it. Where do I sign to get your job(s)? If I manage to get the
Offspring to her art shows and keep Herself happy with my ongoing
repairs to the domicile, and still get in a nap, I consider I've had a
good weekend. If I'm extraordinarily lucky, I may be able to make an MG
show of some sort next year. Should this unlikely eventuality pan out,
I'll be certain to notify the list, as it will be a banner event
unrivalled in the last three years or so. I did run into Marty at a show
a couple of years back, though I doubt he recalls it; otherwise, I've
been the ultimate lurker.

To the fella working on his suspension rebuild: patience and label
everything, even if it seems silly. Over the course of a winter a lot of
things will start to look very similar. Check the bushings while you're
in there, on the A-arms, and by all means replace with the V8 style if
you decide they need to be renewed.

Good luck to Denise, and hope things work out well for you in Old
Blighty!

To the fella who asked about Michael Collins, let me know if you want it
and I'll give you a long historical post sometime on the politics of
Ireland around the time of the revolution <cough> such as it was. I
won't waste a lot of bandwidth on it except to say that a) it's more
complicated than most Americans usually realise and b) I'm not certain
there was a side I'd root for in that fray, out of the 4-5 sides there
were. On balance, I enjoy visiting home every once in a while, but I'm
glad I don't live there anymore.

Lastly, I'll say don't let those machines languish in the Winter! Keep
em on the road, top down if you've got any guts, and look for me on the
roads of Virginia when the moon is up and the weather's coldest!

Cheers,

Corey
75 MGB 'Rags'
RD#373750