Problems with receiving and sending mail

To: mgs@autox.team.net, tr8@mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Subject: Problems with receiving and sending mail
From: Owen Michaels-Hardy <omhardy@ozemail.com.au>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 1996 10:18:09 +1100 (EST)
Increasingly I am noticing problems with what mail I'm receiveing and
sending. When I get my mail I find some of my posts have gone through the
system straight away, others seem to have been held up somewhere, some I
never get back and assume they have disappeared into the ether. Similarly, I
find I often get responses to some threads before I receive the original and
in reading some people's replys I have seen original messages that were To
or Cc'd to the list that I am sure I never received. I also have found that
I have receive some messages more than once from each list (I am only on the
MGs and TR8). Is anyone else experiencing similar problems? Is it a problem
of the List server or my mail server? Perhaps it's just my imagination? (I
don't think so) If I notice another instance I'll start tracking and
documenting it.