Leaking rings

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Leaking rings
From: William Eastman <william.eastman@medtronic.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 1996 12:25:33 -0600
Actually, Mark,  I drive Hondas and we all know that they have developed
the internal combustion engine to a point that absolutely nothing gets by
the rings.

Seriously.  The Mobil 1, in my opinion, look dirty faster than regular oil
does.  I believe that this is because it doesn't leave all of that garbage
behind in the engine.

Another point on synthetics- I would not break in a rebuilt engine on
synthetic oil.  I have heard that it lubricates the rings too well and they
won't seat.  I changed My Accord over at 15k miles and my Integra over at
20k miles (it had 19k on it when purchased.)

Regards
Bill Eastman
61 MGA and various American / Japanese hybrids not worth mentioning again.