Okay, back to the subject of LBCs....

To: edward <engconn@pottsville.infi.net>
Subject: Okay, back to the subject of LBCs....
From: Robert Allen <boballen@sky.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 1996 13:31:54 +0000
edward wrote:

> >From a cat loving,T-series owning loon with dumb opinions :-
>
>                        WELL SAID!
>
> Geoff Love, The English Connection

Last march Robin Weatherall and company from the St. Louis club arranged
a "1,000 Mile Missouri Endurance Rally." The layout was like a wagon
wheel with the start/finish at the hub and the required checkpoints at
the end of the spokes -- take any route you want.

Naturally, the turn-out was dismall. No 'B's at all but a couple of
Minis  buzzed in from Arkansas. The object was shortest mileage with no
points for time other than hitting a 2 hour window the next day.

The outright winner were two old duffers in a red TD. They left last
after going back to the B&B and plotting a course. And they came back
first -- by over an hour. I think his name was Blair out of Springfield,
IL.

Second place was the first loser: Two guys in a rubber bumper Midget.
They left work Friday, drove in from Detriot, lost the event by 1/2
MILE, screwed their exhaust manifold back on, and headed back home for
work on Monday.

Third place was a tie by four guys who played bumper tag in two MGAs.

Fourth place was an 'A' coupe who timed out limping back with wobbly
U-joints.

The Minis got lost.

So, okay, them other cars are okay, too.

Oh, yeah, my performance? Well, surprising no one, especially the SO
riding Navigator, after 500 miles, I got pulled over for way over the
double nickel when over taking a slower car at Midnight in SE MO. Had to
tear open the envelope to show my license -- instant DNF.

The trooper showed mercy with just a warning. I'm not sure if his
compassion was from my being in an LBC car on a rally or the snickering
from the right seat.

Saftey Fast,

Bob Allen, Kansas City, '69MGC/GT