More commentary on Dave's lecture.

To: "'Robert Allen'" <boballen@sky.net>
Subject: More commentary on Dave's lecture.
From: "Jason F. Dutt" <simjason@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 1996 18:35:20 -0500
Okay, now I've *got* to add to this opinionated, non-sensical drivel...

        First, to all those griping about the long, sometimes not strictly MG =
related threads:  You have no concept of what this list is all about.  =
It's not solely technical support hotline.  Its a little electronic =
club, where folks with a like interest (MGs, in this case) can babble =
endlessly about their cars, the marque in general, drives they've taken, =
their pets' relationship with their cars, and yes, even get up on an =
ego-lectern and give arrogant speeches (sorry Dave <g>). =20
        The point is, this is a place where we can safely discuss, question, =
and even argue about issues, thoughts, and whatever other bizarre ideas =
come in to our little MG stricken craniums.  Is a club, of sorts, =
without the membership dues. =20
        We all have our own opinions about what a *real* enthusiast is.  Dave =
is allowed to give his, just as anyone tacking him up to the crucifix is =
allowed to do.  Frankly, I think you all took what he was saying way out =
of context, and out of proportion.
        There are four types of MG *enthusiasts*, in my observation.  1)  Those
=
who want an ornament, so they restore it to perfection, and let it rot.  =
2)  Those who love to drive them, and couldn't give a rip about the =
frills, because the paint gets chipped on back roads anyway.  3)  Those =
who love a pretty car, but would hate for her to be all dressed up with =
no place to go.  4)  The group Dave seemed to be attacking:  Those who =
bought a B one day on impulse, drive it rarely, and don't do all the =
fixits they talk about doing "some day" all for one supposed reason:  "I =
don't have time."  No, friend, you don't have the will (or the =
infectious bug, if you will).  These folks, as Dave said, need to either =
"sh*t or get off the pot", as my father so eloquently puts it.

Regards, and no hard feelings.  Remember, it's friends who harrass each =
other the most!