Moss Motoring - Warning: not for the easily offended!

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Moss Motoring - Warning: not for the easily offended!
From: RJohn50603@aol.com
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 1996 17:08:44 -0500
To everyone,

I just received my Moss Motoring, winter issue. What a fine magazine they put
out. I call it a magazine because it is more than a catalog with many
interesting articles amongst the parts for sale. I'm sure they sell a lot of
parts too.

If your are easily offended by comments about various countries, cars, states
and yes, even dreaded cat references, PLEASE DO NOT READ FURTHER! I will not
be responsible for starting a mass exodus from our net.

One interesting, tongue and cheek article is "How cold is it" by Don Haugen,
with the picture of a "B" (I believe) being dug out of a huge snowbank.

The article goes like this for those of you who haven't got the magazine:

60 degrees F - Californians put on theri sweaters (if they can fine one in
their waredrobe!).

50 degrees F - Miami residents turn on their heat.

40 degrees F - You can see your breath. Californians shiver uncontrollably.
Minnesotans go swimming.

35 degrees F - Italian cars won't start.

32 degrees F - Water freezes.

30 degrees F - You plan your vacation to Austrailia. Minnesotans put on
T-shirts. Politicians begin to worry about the homeless. English cars don't
start.

25 degrees F - Boston water freezes. Californians weep pitably. Minnesotans
eat ice cream. Canadians go swimming.

20 degrees F - You can hear your breath. Politicians begin to talk about the
homeless. New York City water freezes. Miami residents plan vacation further
south.

15 degrees F - French cars don't start. You plan a vacation to Mexico. Your
cat insists on sleeping in bed with you.

10 degrees F - Too cold to ski. You need jumper cables to get the car going.

  5 degrees F - You plan your vacation in Houston. American cars won't start.

  0 degrees F - Alaskans put on T-shirts. Too cold to skate.

-10 degrees F - German cars don't start. Eyes freeze shut when you blink.

-15 degrees F - You can cut your breath and use it to build an igloo.
Arkansans stick tongue in metal objects. Miami residents ceaseto exist.

-20 degrees F - Cat insists on sleeping in your pajamas with you. Politians
actually do something about the homeless. Minnesotans shovel snow off roof.
Japanese cars don't start.

-25 degrees F- Too cold to think. You need jumper cables to get the driver
going.

-30 degrees F - You plan a two-week hot bath. The mighty Monogahela freezes.
Swedish cars don't start.

-40 degrees F- Californians disappear. Minnesotans button top button.
Canadians put on sweater. Your can helps you plan trip south.

-50 degrees F - Congressional hot air freezes. Alaskans close the bathroom
window.

-80 degrees F - Hell freezes over. Polar bears move south.

-90 degrees F - Lawyers put their hands in their own pockets.

R. Johnson - Dallas

'90 Maine Coon
'79 Midget
'76 Midget