Re: MGB Running Rough-HELP

To: SPB3430@aol.com
Subject: Re: MGB Running Rough-HELP
From: kral@anvil.nrl.navy.mil (Milo Kral)
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 1996 17:34:55 -0400
You could try a couple of other things (in this order):

check the ground wire in the distributor to make sure its not broken
make sure all of the ignition wires are good and making good contact at
connections
replace the condenser
check the ignition coil

Good Luck
Milo

------

You wrote:
My 69 B started running extremely rough yesterday. I was hoping to take it
for a quick spin before putting it up for the winter. It was warming up in
the driveway when all of a sudden the tach started jumping around like
crazy,then it stalled. The car would turn over but not fire,until I reset the
gap on the points. then it ran, but the second I touched the gas pedal it ran
extremely rough. Today I messed around some more but I can't seem to get
things right. I was wondering if the colder (30s) temps may have something to
do with it.  The plugs,plug wires,points,condenser,rotor & cap are all new
within the last year (car only driven summers)